Glasgow Mackintosh

The original Willow Tea Rooms Building at 217 Sauchiehall Street are currently closed for restoration. The Tea Rooms along with a new Visitor Centre will open from 02 July 2018 under the new name: “Mackintosh at the Willow”.

Mackintosh at the Willow

The only remaining original Tea Rooms designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh for successful local entrepreneur Miss Catherine Cranston in 1903, will reopen to the public again from from 02 July 2018. 

The building is internationally recognised as the only surviving Tea Rooms where Charles Rennie Mackintosh had complete control over both the interior and exterior design and is also regarded as one of the finest examples in the world of a complete Art Nouveau scheme. The building has been undergoing extensive restoration to return it to its former glory and to create a new integrated world class Visitor Centre including retail, conference, exhibition and learning and education facilities in the adjacent building at 215 Sauchiehall Street.

The Tea Rooms and Visitor Centre will open under the new name of "Mackintosh at the Willow" and will include a 200 seat restaurant, open across 3 floors in this internationally recognised building.

The Visitor Centre will include a Retail Store, interactive exhibition area, conference facilities, roof terrace and dedicated learning and education facilities. The Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society who will be running a tour and information desk on the ground floor of the Visitor Centre.

There will be a phased opening during the summer of 2018, with the official opening of "Mackintosh at the Willow" in September 2018.

Both buildings will reopen under the shared name ‘Mackintosh at the Willow’ from 2 July 2018. 

Plan your visit

Address

Mackintosh at the Willow
217 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3EX
 

Opening Times

to be confirmed

Admission

prices tbc

Contact

+44 (0) 141 332 7696

More Information

www.willowtearoomstrust.org